The Cobb Foundation

The Cobb Foundation

MrCobb1954  MrCobb1953

William (Bill) R. Cobb was an alumnus who lived at the orphanage for eleven years, graduating from John Nichols School in 1954.  His vision, and the generosity of the Cobb Foundation, supported by the family of Bill and Rhoda Cobb, made possible the renovation of The Cobb Center at Dunn Cottage, including the Museum, the Museum Galleries, the Archives, and the Museum offices.  The Foundation’s support makes possible the operation of both The Cobb Center and the Sallie Mae Ligon Museum and Archives.  Mr. Cobb’s vision continues today as the Cobb Center preserves the past, while presenting the rich and long history of this Home.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA